Effective as of September 22, 2022
Table of Contents:
- Scope and Application
What and who this Policy covers
- Collection of Information
The sources of and methods by which we, our service providers and our advertisers collect information from and about you, including information about your interaction with the LifeWorks services.
- Use and Disclosure
How we use the information we collect from and about you, and who we might share it with and why.
How we protect your information from loss or misuse
- User Access and Control
How you can access and control the information we maintain about you
- Other Important Information
Other things you should know about this Policy and how we handle your information
- Contact Us
How to contact LifeWorks about this Policy
1) Scope and Application
[or subscribing to]
a LifeWorks Service and those who have registered with
[or subscribed to]
2) Collection of Information
LifeWorks and our service providers collect the following information from and about you:
Registration Information is the information you submit to register for a LifeWorks Service, for example, to create an account, post comments, receive a newsletter or enter a contest or sweepstakes. Registration Information may include, for example, name, email address, gender, zip code and birthday. LifeWorks may allow for multiple profiles to be set up under one account. If this occurs, we may collect the information you provide to us if you create a profile.
Other Voluntarily Provided Information. LifeWorks may collect the information you provide to us when you respond to surveys, set your preferences, contact LifeWorks through customer service or by other means, or participate in promotions that LifeWorks may offer from time to time. LifeWorks also may collect the information you provide to us when you place an order on a LifeWorks Service. This information is used to provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested, to process and ship orders, to send order and shipping confirmations and to provide customer service. This information also may be used to contact you about sales, special offers and new website features unless you have opted not to receive promotional communications in connection with this LifeWorks Services. We may also ask you to provide us with demographic information, information regarding your interests or similar information. Providing us with information about yourself is voluntary, and you can always choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of or participate in some of the LifeWorks Services’ features.
Public Information and Posts consist of comments or content that you post to the LifeWorks Services and the information about you that accompanies those posts or content, which may include a name, username, comments, likes, status, profile information, and picture. Public Information and Posts are always public, which means they are available to everyone and may be displayed in search results on external search engines.
Activity Information. When you access and interact with the LifeWorks Services, LifeWorks and its service providers may collect certain information about those visits. For example, to permit your connection to the LifeWorks Services, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, including potentially your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the LifeWorks Services from a mobile or other devices, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data (including your precise location), or other transactional information for that device.
Data Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies. Like many online services, we use various technologies to collect usage data and store preferences. These technologies are discussed below.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as browser cookies, pixels, beacons, and Adobe Flash technology including cookies) are comprised of small bits of data. LifeWorks’ websites, apps, and other services send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on your computer or other devices so the website or app can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that service. These technologies may also be used to collect and store information about your usages of the LifeWorks Services, such as pages you have visited, the video and other content you have viewed, search queries you have run and advertisements you have seen.
- Third parties that support the LifeWorks Services by serving advertisements or providing services, such as allowing you to share content or tracking aggregate LifeWorks Services usage statistics, may also use these technologies to collect similar information when you use the LifeWorks Services (such as websites and emails) or third-party services. These third parties may also use these technologies, along with Activity Information they collect, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile device and a laptop or other computer. LifeWorks does not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, including your choices with respect to them, see the section entitled “To deliver relevant advertisements,” below.
- Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Users can manage the use of Flash technologies, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website, see macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies you may not have access to certain features, content, or personalization available through the LifeWorks Services.
Information from Other Sources. We may supplement the information we collect with information from other sources, such as publicly available information about your online and offline activity from social media services, commercially available sources and information from our Company Affiliates or business partners. Examples of this may include information (whether identified, de-identified or anonymous, and whether collected online or offline) about your interests, demographic data, purchasing behavior, and your activities online (such as websites visited, and advertisements viewed).
Do Not Track Signals. At this time, we do not respond to browser ‘Do Not Track’ signals, as we await the work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals should be interpreted.
3) Use and Disclosure
- To provide and manage the LifeWorks Services. We use the information we collect from and about you to provide the LifeWorks Services and features to you, including to measure and improve those LifeWorks Services and features and to develop new products and services; to improve your experience with both online and off-line LifeWorks Services by delivering content you will find relevant and interesting, including advertising and marketing messages; to allow you to comment on content, and participate in online games, contests, other promotions, or rewards programs; to provide you with customer support and to respond to inquiries. To provide you with content and advertising that is more interesting and relevant to you, we may use the information from and about you to make inferences and predictions about your potential areas of interest. When the information collected from or about you does not identify you as a specific person, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- To allow service providers to assist us in providing and managing LifeWorks Services. The information we collect from and about you may be made available to certain third-party service providers, such as contractors, analytics and other measurement companies, product customization companies, order fulfillment and shipping companies, agents or sponsors, who help us analyze and understand your use of the LifeWorks Services, and manage and/or provide the LifeWorks Services.
- To contact you. LifeWorks may periodically send promotional materials or notifications related to the LifeWorks Services. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials, you can change your account setting [describe an applicable way to opt-out] or follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. There are certain service notification or other non-promotional emails that you may not opt-out of, such as notifications of changes to the LifeWorks Services or policies. If you have installed a mobile app and you wish to stop receiving push notifications, you can change the settings either on your mobile device or through the app.
- To share with business partners. LifeWorks may share your information with business partners to permit them to send you marketing communications consistent with your choices.
- To complete a merger or sale of assets. If LifeWorks sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings), LifeWorks may transfer your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
LifeWorks uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures designed to safeguard information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information. If you place an order through this LifeWorks Services, you will be asked to set up an account and provide an email address and password. You must provide an appropriate email address and password to access account information. To help protect your personal information further, you should be careful about providing your password to others. If you wish to cancel a password, or if you become aware of any loss, theft, or unauthorized use of a password, please contact our customer service department via https://www.lifeworksdm.com/contact-us/des-moines-office/
5) User Access and Control
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, delete, or otherwise limit our use of your personal information you have previously provided directly to us, you may contact us as outlined in Section 7; or using the mechanisms provided below. In your request, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and specify clearly what information you would like to access, change, update, suppress, or delete. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. You may opt-out from:
- Opt-Out of Promotional Communications: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out from receiving all communications from LifeWorks, including administrative messages, service announcements, and messages regarding the terms and conditions of your account because those may contain important information.
- Push Notifications: You can choose to receive push notifications from LifeWorks on your device. If you do not wish to receive push notifications, you can use your device’s settings to turn them off.
- Our sharing of your personal information with Company Affiliates for their marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we do not share your personal information on a going-forward basis with LifeWorks Affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing via: https://www.lifeworksdm.com/contact-us/des-moines-office/. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Our sharing of your personal information with business partners for their marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we do not share your personal information on a going-forward basis with business partners for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing via: https://www.lifeworksdm.com/contact-us/des-moines-office/. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Additional Choices for California Residents
- If you are a California resident, you may be entitled to request certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information (such as your name and contact information) to third parties who wish to contact you or send you promotional information about their products and services directly (as compared to when the third party is acting on our behalf or you have provided your personal information as part of a co-promotion by LifeWorks and the third party). If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of information regarding our disclosure to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, please send us a letter at LifeWorks, 1900 Silver Lake Road, Suite 210, New Brighton, MN 55112, Attn: Legal Department.
- If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user of the LifeWorks Services, you may request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted on the LifeWorks Services. To make this request, please contact us via https://www.lifeworksdm.com/contact-us/des-moines-office/ and include a detailed description of the specific content or information you would like to remove. Please note that this removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on the LifeWorks Services by you as there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal.
6) Other Important Information
Location of Data. The LifeWorks Services are hosted in and managed from the United States. If you are a user located outside the United States, you understand and consent to having any personal information (which may include information collected using cookies and other technologies, as described above) processed in the United States or in any other country in which we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. The United States and other countries’ data protection laws may not be the same as those in your jurisdiction. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in the United States may be entitled to access your personal information.
In addition, LifeWorks is not responsible for the privacy or data security practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Apple, Google, Microsoft or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including in connection with any information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the LifeWorks Services.
Remember that even after you cancel your account, or if you ask us to delete your personal information, copies of some information from your account may remain viewable in some circumstances where, for example, you have shared information with social media or other services. Because of the nature of caching technology, your account may not be instantly inaccessible to others. We may also retain backup information related to your account on our servers for some time after cancellation or your request for deletion, for fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or our internal security or recordkeeping policies. It may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all your information due to technical constraints, or contractual, financial, or legal requirements.
Sensitive Information. We ask that you not send us, and you do not disclose, any sensitive personal information (such as social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the LifeWorks Services or otherwise. Your use of the LifeWorks Services is at your own risk. LifeWorks urges you to take steps to keep your information safe by memorizing your password or keeping it in a safe place (separate from your account information), logging out of your account, and closing your web browser. To help us protect your information further, you should be careful about providing your password to others.
Whenever you give LifeWorks sensitive or confidential information, LifeWorks will take commercially reasonable steps to protect the information by establishing a secure connection with your web browser. LifeWorks uses an industry-standard security protocol for encrypting sensitive information. Unfortunately, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed 100% secure. We cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to LifeWorks, and you do so at your own risk.
7) Contact Us
Attention: Legal Department
1900 Silver Lake Road Suite 210
New Brighton, MN 55112